Derry, New Hampshire to Cambridge, Massachusetts – June 30, 2017

Checkpoint in Time and Space (Selfie 2)
Today was a day to move; I cycled seventy-five miles. I didn’t plan to do the mileage when the day started. As sometimes happens, one thing led to another. Campsites and hostels were booked on the outskirts of Boston, this being the fourth of July weekend. After realizing this, I opened my Airbnb application and found an inexpensive room in the Cambridge area. After booking, I knew there was a sizable distance to cover.

On the Lookout
As with most major tasks in my life, I broke it down into small pieces, little accomplishments throughout the day. I reached my destination at nine o’clock, just after dark.

Reason to Pull Brakes - Nashua River Trail
The Art of Patchwork
Adventure Cycling maps (the ones I am using) put me on backroads and bike trails into the city. I have really grown to trust their judgement. I particularly enjoyed the Nashua River Trail, seven miles of heaven, between Groton and Ayer.

Sitting with Teriyaki Wrap - Concord, Massachusetts
Taking the thirty mile “Boston Spur” off the main route would have been more enjoyable had it not been for the pouring rain. I’m looking forward to taking the eleven-mile “Minuteman Bikeway” again on the way out of Boston. Converting old rail lines to bike trails should be a focus for all urban areas.

Drying Out (Pano Surrealism) - Taskin's Place
Arriving at Taskin’s place, I was shown an upstairs bedroom. I laid out all of my belongings to dry and hit the shower. I need to take a more leisurely approach to my travels tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment