Acton to Upton, Massachusetts – July 2, 2017

Reading Setup - Bolton Public Library
I woke to another beautiful, yet muggy, day. I packed up my water tower camp and moved down the road to the small town of Harvard.
During my extended period in their “General Store”, I began to research the taking of a bottle shower (sponge bath), something I’d like to perfect on this trip. There, I purchased an extra water bottle for use in camp.

I cycled a short distance up the road to Bolton and found the public library. I knew in advance that it would be closed (Google search), but found a shaded spot to set up my hammock. I lazed there, reading several chapters in my book.

#thekindnessrocksproject (Bolton Public)
Stopping only at a gas station / deli for food and water, I cycled as far as Westborough, then began looking for a place to camp. I later found a nice accommodation in the woods, behind the public school, in Upton.

After setting up my tent, I took my bottle shower. I had only about two liters of water for the job. The only issue I had was removing all of the Dove bar soap I used. I will research easy-wash soaps for the job. It felt extremely pleasant getting into my tent afterward to sleep. Note: For cleanup in the outdoors, I have successfully used the simplicity of baby wipes. I am seeking a more complete, fresh-out-of-the-shower feel on this extended trip, something to be enjoyed daily.

I pedaled about thirty-five miles today, a bit more than I would have liked, but satisfying, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment