Pemaquid Pond to Thomas Point, Maine – June 24, 2017

Resting (Reading) - Bath, Maine
I met my first two bicycle tourist today while cycling on Old Stage Road west of Bath. They were heading north, taking a break on the side of the road. The young man motioned for me to stop by lifting a bag of gorp (good old raisins and peanuts) skyward. We lightly chatted and chewed.

I was asked if I encountered the rainstorm earlier in the day (they had intelligently waited it out under an awning). I had taken shelter near the trunk of a maple tree, hurriedly throwing on my raincoat. We parted ways with smiles and words of encouragement.

Pedaling into the city of Bath, I was pleased to find an inviting park on the waterfront. I parked my bike, ate and read for over an hour. While seated, I researched local camping spots. Thomas Point Beach Campsite was a short distance out of town. I called and reserved a site.

Scandinavian Magic - Band Camp 2017
Far and Away - Band Camp 2017
Playing with Fire (Burned?) - Band Camp 2017
Upon arrival at Thomas Point, music immediately caught my attention. I had unknowingly stumbled into “Band Camp”, an annual festival featuring exclusively Maine bands. Looking at the poster, I didn’t recognize any of the performers but anticipated a good time. Over the course of the evening I listened to Gorilla Finger Dub, Jaw Gems and Pardon Me, Doug. Neon glow was abundant – slingshot into the air and hula hooped around the waist. One man played with fire. I quietly watched and ate a burrito.

Pardon Me, Doug (Suggestion: Lower Keyboard Volume) - Band Camp 2017
Port a Potty Problem - Band Camp 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment